Amazon.com is giving away One (1) Ducati Motorcycle similar to the one that Trinity used in the Matrix Reloaded. Unfortunately, you already have to have a motorcyle license to win the bike. I don’t, but if you do, and you live in the U.S., and you’re over eighteen…go for it!! To enter, just visit Amazon.com with any of the links to the right. Here are the official rules:
Official Rules for Amazon.com’s The Matrix Reloaded Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. SWEEPSTAKES STARTS AT 12:01 AM PACIFIC TIME (“PT” ) ON SEPTEMBER 28, 2003 AND ENDS AT 11:59 PM PT ON OCTOBER 28, 2003 (THE “ENTRY PERIOD” ).
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Matrix Reloaded Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes” ) is open to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older on date of entry with internet access prior to 09/27/03. Void where prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws or regulations. Employees, officers and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) and household members of Amazon.com (“Sponsor” ), Warner Home Video, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter or win. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of the winners.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Go to amazon.com/matrix-sweepstakes or click on various links throughout the Amazon.com DVD and Video online stores promoting the Sweepstakes during the Entry Period. Follow the instructions to submit your e-mail address, first and last name, complete address, phone number, and date of birth to earn an entry.Limit one (1) entry per person for the duration of the Sweepstakes. All entries must be received during the Entry Period to be eligible to win a prize. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. All entries become property of Sponsor.
3. PRIZE DRAWING: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about November 11, 2003 from among all eligible entries received by EastWest Creative, an independent judging agency, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
4. PRIZES: Grand Prize (1): A Ducati Superbike (Approximate Retail Value of Grand Prize is $16,000). First Prize (10): Each First Prize winner will receive a pair of Neo Titanium Collector’s Edition Sunglasses from Blinde Design (Approximate Retail Value of each First prize is $230). Total approximate retail value of all prizes is $18,300. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Grand Prize winner will be required to provide proof of possessing a valid motorcycle endorsement as part of a valid driver’s license in his/her state of residence and appropriate insurance prior to prize being awarded, or prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate. Exact model, color, and options of motorcycle are at the sole discretion of Sponsor and subject to availability of the dealer selected by Sponsor. Prizes featured in any advertising or promotional materials may vary from actual prizes awarded. Prize will be delivered to winner at dealer selected by Sponsor at time of prize awarding or to winner’s home address (at Sponsor’s sole discretion). Taxes, insurance, licensing, registration, title fees, acquisition fees, destination charges, freight delivery & any options and/or costs not included with motorcycle as specified herein are sole responsibility of winner. The prizes are only as detailed above, with no substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of prize permitted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of comparable or greater value in its sole discretion if advertised prizes are unavailable. For all prizes, winners are solely responsible for paying all applicable federal, state and local taxes, and all other expenses associated with any prize not explicitly stated herein as being awarded. Any trademarks used in this Sweepstakes are the property of the respective trademark owners and are used herein for identification purposes only. All specifics of prize not expressly detailed above, are at the sole discretion of Sponsor. All prizes awarded herein are provided by the Sponsor “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Winners agree to look solely to the manufacturer for any such warranty (if any).
6. INTERNET: Sponsor, Warner Home Video, EastWest Creative, their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, advertising and promotions agencies and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties” ) are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telecommunications, network, electronic, or telephone malfunctions or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, or for entries which are late, lost, stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed by computer transmissions, damaged or illegible. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures (including but not limited to computer virus, bugs or unauthorized intervention) or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, entrant will be deemed the “registered subscriber” of the email account at issue. The “registered subscriber” shall be deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Proof of entering information at website does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permit the entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GAME MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THAT PROVISION.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: BY PARTICIPATING, ENTRANTS ASSUME ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY OR DAMAGES CAUSED OR CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED BY HIS OR HER PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, AND ANY SUCH LIABILITY, IN CONNECTION THEREWITH. THE RELEASED PARTIES ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PARTICIPANTS OR TO ANY OTHER PERSONS’ COMPUTER (WHETHER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE), RELATING TO OR RESULTING FROM ENTERING OR DOWNLOADING MATERIALS OR SOFTWARE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES. ALL ENTRANTS UNDERSTAND THAT THE USE OF THE MOTORCYCLE INVOLVES CERTAIN RISKS AND THAT A MOTORCYCLE SHOULD NOT BE USED WITHOUT PROPER TRAINING AND LICENSING. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ALL ENTRANTS RELEASE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES, ACTIONS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY OR DEFAMATION) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (1) ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, (2) ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE (INCLUDING ANY USE OF THE DUCATI MOTORCYCLE), OR (3) ANYTHING RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES, WHETHER UNDER A THEORY OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, WHETHER ACTIVE, PASSIVE, OR IMPUTED), STRICT LIABILITY, PRODUCT LIABILITY, CONTRIBUTION, OR ANY OTHER THEORY.
8. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, available after December 11, 2003, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: The Matrix Reloaded Winners, 401 Fifth Avenue, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10016. Requests must be received by January 12, 2004.
9. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Amazon.com, Inc., P.O. Box 81226, Seattle, Washington 98108-1226.